This year Indygo Junction (our sister company) is a sponsor of the Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion Workshop Weekend. I wanted to share it with our readers as it is sure to be an event filled with inspiring and creative fun and friends. I hope to see you all there!
The companion weekend includes:
- Tours of Mary’s St. Louis studio located in the Central West End neighborhood.
- A welcome reception on Thursday night. Enter to win original ME art! In the spirit of the weekend, we ask each of you to bring a creative name tag to break the ice at the reception. Click here to see some examples. Prizes will be awarded.
- Your choice of 4 workshops on Friday and Saturday taught by the following instructors: Charlotte Lyons, Claudine Hellmuth, Kathy Curotto, Wendy Addison, Kaari Meng, Matthew Mead, Linda Solovic. Click here for details.
- Your choice of 2 seminars led by industry specialists. Emmett McAuliffe, Principal, Reizman Berger, will discuss “Ten Things You Need to Know About Copyright and Trademark In The Digital Age,” Margo Tantau, Hallmark’s Creative Director of Retail Gifts and Innovation will talk about her 15 years experience “spotting artistic talent” for arts corporations, Shelia Meehan, independent licensing agent will outline the benefits of such services and Danny Orendorff, coordinator of the Renegade Craft Fair will speak on the history of RCF and tips for artists selling in street venues. Click here for details.
- A panel of super stars—Amy Butler, Dena Fishbein, Marcia Ceppos and Mary Engelbreit—discuss “The Future of Handmade”. Questions will be accepted, and a signing will follow. Click here for details.
- Giveaways and raffles. Join us for lunch on Saturday before the panel discussion and get your thank you goodie bag.
Visit Mary’s website for more information on the event by clicking here!